Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Spring!

Ok so we are not quite there yet... but it's coming! With the sun breaking through our gray winter skys now and then we begin to look forward to Spring showing up.
Last Spring, one of my friend's Mom was visiting her, and knowing that she enjoyed crafting cards I suggested that she join myself and another friend to do a craft during her stay. Since she is more apt to do cards back home we decided to do a mini album for something different from her usual.
One day my friend and I planned out the design, then the next day we got together and all three of us worked on our own individual version of it. We each chose an element associated with Spring to use as our primary element in our mini... my friend picked birds, the Mom picked dragonflies, and I picked flowers. We each followed the basic design scketch with our differing elements and differing picks of colors, resulting in each one being quite unique.
I haven't put photos in mine yet; (there is a piece of blank cardstock in place of where each photo will be for now so I know what photo dimention I will need).
I wanted my mini to be bright and cheery, yet with a little softness. If you look close you'll see some basic principle scketch elements like: the background paper on each inner page goes...1/2 patterned top with 1/2 solid bottom, then opposite is full solid paper, next is full patterned paper, then opposite is 1/2 solid top with 1/2 patterned bottom and then it repeats. Also my 1/2 solid background piece was always alternating pink, then blue, then pink, etc. Along with using the flower element on every page in some way I also made sure that every page had some kind of sparkly aspect, from rhinestones to glitter. Some supplies and techeniqes used here are metal embelishments, glitter-stickers, (regular, foil, glitter & flock) rub-ons, punches, Glitter Ritz, brads, glitter-glue, stiching, stamping, heat-embossing, dry-embossing, paper edge distressing, different rhinestones, paper and fabric flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment