Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day Hubby!






This year my husband and I would be apart for Valentine's Day. I decided to make a card to send him, along with some other goodies. This is what I created...

I went with brown, light teal-blue and red for the colors. I achieved a masculine look by distressing the card with brown ink and by using this really cool red cardstock that looked and felt kind of like old leather for the big red heart on the front(Provo Craft - Texture Red Hot Pepper). I used Close To My Heart (Chocolate) Cardstock for the base of the card; K&Company patterned paper for the inside and one of the hearts; the distressed diamond pattern cardstock is from My Minds Eye; the Chipboard X and O are from Cosmo Cricket and the textured red cardstock to mat the inside hearts is BazzillBasics. I used Glitter Ritz to highlight the diamond paper heart and the smaller heart on the front under the XO. I used my Cricut to cut out the hearts with "George and Basic Shapes" cartridge and all the writing was done on my computer using Word.

I love how this card is a three way open... it reveals a little at a time, and then when fully opened it stands very nicely.

The heart inside has a quote on "Love" and the center of the card has a verse on "Marriage", quoted from Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet"... some of my favorites, and that were a part of our wedding ceremony as well. They apply perfectly to our marriage, so they were perfect to use for this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment