Wednesday, January 27, 2010



Anne, who I used to refer to as "my Friend's Mom", is really my friend. I miss her being around since she moved to Nova Scotia not too long ago... it seems like forever ago, and yet as though it was only yesterday that she left. She is a fellow paper-crafter and she is also a florist. It was her birthday this January so I made this card to mail away to her.
I used Stampin' Up (Elegant Eggplant) cardstock as the base, and their (Brushed Gold) cardstock for the spine of the card as well as the mat in the center on the inside. I cut up and used an old greeting card, that I got in the mail ages ago from some charitable organization, to do my card front and the inside.
You'll notice a flower boarder and a pot of flowers that I embellished using "Flower Soft". This was interesting to learn to use... I liked the effect I had when I only used a small amount to just highlight the flower boarder on the front. Once I filled it out further I wished I hadn't added so much... but it was still nice.
I used a pale lavender Mulberry paper as a mat on the front of the card and tore out the window to let the inside design of the card show. Over all I liked the elegant and soft look of this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment